Victoria Police are advising the public of a high-risk sex offender that is now living in the area.
According to VicPD, 41-year-old Cameron Ratelle has been released from Corrections Canada custody and will be living in the Victoria area.
He is a court-designated dangerous offender deemed a high-risk to re-offend.
Ratelle has a history of violent sexual offences against young women and targets females between the ages of 16 and 25.
Ratelle is described by police as a 41-yr-old Black man, standing 5’8′ tall and weighs about 200 lbs. He has a heavy build, dark shaved hair, brown eyes, and wears hearing aids.
Cameron Ratelle has completed his sentence for sexual assault and will be living in Victoria.
He is bound by the following conditions of release:
- Not to attend the property of any educational institute or school of any kind, unless he has the prior written approval of his parole supervisor;
- Not to purchase, possess, or consume alcohol;
- Not to purchase, possess, or consume non-prescription drugs;
- Not to purchase, possess, acquire, or access pornography or sexually explicit material;
- Not to access the internet or any electronic device with internet capabilities;
- Not to be in the presence of any female under the age of 18 without permission from a parole officer;
- Immediately report any attempt to initiate a sexual or non-sexual relationship with females to his parole supervisor;
- Must reside at a community correctional centre or community residential facility that is approved by Correctional Service of Canada.
If you see Cameron Ratelle breaching these conditions, do not approach, and immediately call 911.
To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.