One man was arrested after police seized a large number of illegal drugs and weapons from a temporary multi-unit residential facility in downtown Victoria.
On Monday, Victoria Police Department says officers arrested the man in the lobby of a multi-unit temporary housing facility in the 3000-block of Blanshard Street. According to police, he was in possession of drugs — including cocaine and methamphetamine — for the purpose of trafficking.
VicPD locked down the man’s suite in the building and applied for a search warrant which was executed the following day on Tuesday, October 6.
During the raid, officers located a large number of drugs and weapons inside the unit.
Items seized from the suite include:
- several hundred prescriptions including narcotics,
- methadone and other drugs belonging to people other than the unit occupant
- a significant amount of psilocybin, methamphetamine, cocaine and fentanyl
- a highly realistic replica M4 assault rifle and several realistic replica handguns
- officers also seized several expandable batons, a machete, and a conductive energy weapon
Police said the case remains under investigation.