After an earlier cancellation, BC Transit has announced they have adapted their annual “Stuff the Bus” event for the COVID-19 holiday season.
Stuff the Bus lives up to its name with a chance for locals to help people in need in the Greater Victoria Region by packing a bus full of goodies.
In order to make the event possible under provincial COVID-19 rules and guidelines, BC Transit says they have come up with a safety plan.
- Donators and visitors not boarding the bus
- Donations being dropped off with on-site volunteers
- Volunteers being equipped with PPE and sanitizers to ensure safety for all parties
- Surfaces being cleaned regularly
- Practicing physical distancing by remaining six-feet apart
Stuff the Bus accepts non-perishable foods, new and unwrapped toys and clothing, as well as cash donations.
Donation boxes will be available on-site during the event for cash donations.
All donations go to The Mustard Seed Food Bank and The Salvation Army’s Stan Hagen Centre for families.
The event takes place Saturday, December 19, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Save-on-Foods at Tillicum Centre.
Stuff the Bus
- When: Saturday, December 19, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Save-on-Foods, Tillicum Centre (3170 Tillicum Road)