The B.C. Ministry of Health reported 1,344 new cases of COVID-19 across the province for the period covering January 22nd to 25th, for a total of 64,828 cases since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 314
- Fraser Health: 618
- Island Health: 73
- Interior Health: 234
- Northern Health: 104
- Residents outside Canada: 1
The number of active cases in B.C. decreased from 4,450 to 4,392.
There are now a total of 328 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 68 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
26 more people have died from COVID-related causes, bringing the provincial death toll to 1,154.
6,607 people are in isolation, under active public health monitoring after exposure to COVID-19.
A total of 57,831 people have recovered from novel coronavirus.
One additional outbreak has been reported, at Nanaimo Regional General Hospital.
11 outbreaks have been declared over:
- Avalon Gardens in Langley
- Braddan Private Hospital in Vancouver
- Fraserview Intermediate Care Lodge in Richmond
- Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre in Delta
- Menno Home in Abbotsford
- Peace Arch Hospital in White Rock
- Sunrise of Vancouver in Vancouver
- The Harrison at Elim Village in Surrey
- Waterford Retirement Residence in Delta
- Williams Lake Seniors Village in Williams Lake
- University Hospital of Northern British Columbia in Prince George
In total, there are 29 assisted-living, long-term care homes, seniors’ rental buildings and nine acute-care facilities with ongoing COVID-19 outbreaks.
Outbreaks and other exposure events can be linked to from the BC Centre for Disease Control website.
More COVID-19 coverage from Victoria Buzz, including local exposures and outbreaks.
73 new cases were reported in Island Health on Monday, for the period of January 22 to 25.
As of Monday, there are 211 active cases remaining in the region, according to Island Health. By Health Service Delivery Area, they are:
- South Island: 25 | Total cases: 418
- Central Island: 168| Total cases: 770
- North Island: 18 | Total cases: 274
One new death was reported in the Island Health region.
16 people are currently hospitalized in the Island Health region, including five people in intensive care units.
Island Health’s chart below shows the region’s COVID-19 curve over the course of the pandemic.
A delay in the delivery of Pfizer and now Moderna vaccines is causing issues with B.C.’s vaccine delivery strategy.
To date, 119,850 (+9,284) people have received a COVID-19 vaccine in B.C.
Government agencies have set up a number of websites for British Columbians who need more information on COVID-19. Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 100,246,191 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 2,148,286 have died, and 72,232,952 have recovered.