The sun is finally here and as per new health regulations in BC, we can now enjoy the sunshine with up to ten people while still remaining physically distanced outdoors.
Hanging out is not complete without food though, and as we all begin to spend more time outdoors we will need some portable and exciting food options to accompany us.
Without further ado, here are the 9 best spots to get your picnic boxes in and around Victoria:
The Inn @ Laurel point is offering ‘Inn @ Home’, a pre-order and pick up tea and snack box. The service includes boxes for various occasions such as a standard tea for two box, an Easter box for two box, and a Mother’s Day tea for two box.
- Location: 680 Montreal Street
- Hours: Pre order and pick up 10 a.m. to 2 p.m Saturdays or 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesdays
- Price: $98 per box
The Very Good Butchers has put together a vegan charcuterie box including 2 large charcuterie board’s worth of plant based meat. The box comfortably feeds 8-10 people. Pre-order one week in advance to enjoy this box at your next picnic!
- Location: Victoria Public Market, 1701 Douglas Street #6
- 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Saturday
- Price: $60
The Farmers Daughter, a local favourite, offers different options and sizes in to-go charcuterie boxes. Enjoy a cheese box, a cheese and charcuterie box or your own individual cheese and charcuterie box on a sunny afternoon.
- Location: 2360 Beacon Avenue #101, Sidney
- 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
- 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday
- Cheese and Charcuterie boxes: $65 to $160
- Cheese Box: $55 to $80
- Individual cheese and charcuterie box: $30 each (order minimum of 2)
Gourmet Grazerie is a small, locally owned business created by two friends who share a love of charcuterie and locally sourced products. The boxes can be customized depending on preference (vegan and vegetarian options available) and offer delivery. Check out their facebook page to order.
- Hours: Thursday to Sundays
- Price: Vary from $60+
Hungry Hummingbird creates gourmet grazing boxes that vary in serving sizes from 2 to 12 people. The compostable boxes include a selection of artisan cheeses and meats, fruits, olives crackers and baguettes. They also offer a Vegetarian box. Hungry Hummingbird delivers their boxes to Victoria and the surrounding communities and requires orders 24-48 hours notice in advance.
- Location: Delivery to Victoria and surrounding communities
- Price: Small – $75, Medium – $95, Large – $125
Fol Epi’s picnic boxes for 2 include baguettes, salami, terrine, whole muscle cure, two palmier, house pickles vegetables, and mustard. Products rotate and may vary.
- Location: 732 Yates Street
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday
- Price: $30
Charelli’s snack/picnic boxes are a Victoria favourite. Made from a selection of some of their favourite cheeses and spreads, the cheese shop and delicatessen offers both small (suitable for two people) and large (for 4-6 people) box options. The boxes require 24 hour notice for in store pickup and local delivery.
- Location: 2851 Foul Bay Road
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday
- Small $50
- Large $100
Cheryl’s Gourmet Pantry has 8 picnic boxes to choose from, so you will be sure to find one for you! All boxes feed two and include a table cloth, napkins, wine opener and glasses, cutlery and plates. 24 hour notice is appreciated on orders.
- Location: 2009 Cadboro Bay Rd
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Price: Box options vary in price from $59.95 to $149.95
Roast boxes include your choice of protein (1/2 chicken, 1/2 pound meat, or 1 cut sandwich), sides and desserts. With boxes that feed 2 and 4 they are the perfect to go option for your Sunday afternoon picnic.
- Location: 1701 Douglas Street #6
- 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday
- Box for 2: $27
- Box for 4: $50