As the sun shines over Vancouver Island, it is time to take advantage of the beautiful weather and get outdoors with your partner.
With provincial restrictions in place, it is important to remain within your household bubble while still getting creative with your dates!
Now that you’re ready to plan that perfect outing, here are 13 fun and romantic date ideas in Victoria:
A Wildplay adventure is a date for the adventurous couple! Visit Wildplay Victoria to experience their adventure courses, freefall jumps, ziplining and axe throwing.
- Location: 1767 Island Highway #15
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday
- 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m, Friday
- 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Support local businesses and try some new eats by visiting one of Victoria’s local patios.
If you prefer to take your food to go and enjoy the sights, you can purchase a premade picnic box to enjoy. Not sure where to buy one? We’ve got you covered, check out the 9 best spots to buy a picnic box in Victoria.
- Location: 950 Wharf Street, Harbour Air Seaplanes Terminal
- Hours: Various times available
- Price: Covered vessel and zodiac tours $135.45 (plus tax) for adults
Orca Spirit Adventures offers whale and wildlife watching adventures right here in Victoria! The nearby Juan de Fuca and Haro Straits are home to three resident orca pods, with 70 whales belonging to the families. During peak viewing months, Orca Spirit Adventures’ success rate for spotting whales is greater than 95%. Orca Spirit Adventures also offers a 10% discount for BC residents.
Cool down in this warm weather with a sweet treat. Ice cream, floats, milkshakes, the possibilities are endless. Looking for the best milkshake? Here are 29 places to get the best milkshakes in and around Victoria.
Try a new bakery
Grab a hot coffee and a freshly baked pastry with your loved one to change things up with a morning date. Victoria is home to an abundance of local bakeries, ready to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Walk along Dallas Road and the Ogden Point Breakwater
A walk along Dallas Road and the Ogden Point Breakwater is a classic date night out for Victoria locals, but it is popular for good reason. Take a stroll, catch the sunset and maybe even spot some marine life.
Experience a new beach
There is no question Vancouver Island is home to some beautiful beaches. Take your partner out on a date to experience one you haven’t been to before, or one you haven’t visited in a while! Ideas include Mystic Beach, China Beach, French Beach and Sandcut Beach. Remember to bring your picnic!
Watching the sunset is another classic date night activity. It’s peaceful, romantic and the perfect end to a day. Thankfully, we have options when it comes to where to enjoy it, here are 8 amazing places to watch the sunset in and around Victoria.
Take a hike
If you are looking for an active date idea, break out those hiking shoes and check out some of Victoria’s peaks. Ideas include:
- Bear Hill
- East Sooke Park: Aylard Farm to Beechey Head
- Goldstream Gold Mine Trail
- Holmes Peak
- Jocelyn Hill
- Mill Hill
- Mount Doug
- Mount Finlayson
- Mount Tolmie
- Mount Wells
- Old Baldy Mountain
Go kayaking (inner harbour)
Get out on the water with Victoria Kayak Rentals! Paddle through the Inner Harbour on your own or book a Kayak Tour. You’ll be sure to experience some local marine life, but remember to practice responsible marine wildlife viewing.
- Location: 1006 Wharf Street (floating)
- 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday
- 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday to Saturday
- 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sunday
- $43 (Single Kayak Rentals- 2 hours)
- $64 (Double Kayak Rentals- 2 hours)
Visit a farmers market
Farmers Market season is here! With increased space to ensure physical distancing, you can enjoy a safe date supporting local vendors. Some Farmers Markets currently running are listed below:
Esquimalt Farmers Market:
- Location: 1200 Esquimalt Road
- Hours: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Thursdays until September 16th
Sooke Country Market:
- Location: John Phillips Memorial Park, 2201 Otter Point Road
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays until October 9th
James Bay Market:
- Location: Corner of Menzies Street and Superior Street
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Saturdays until October 2nd
Moss Street Market:
- Location: 1330 Fairfield Road
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays through October
Victoria is abundant with local artists who have decorated the city with their work. Visit the CRD’s LandMarks Public Art website to access information on 167 public artworks by location, artists or discipline. Simply ‘add’ the artwork you are interested in to curate a self guided tour, then visit the ‘Your Tour’ page for your printable map for your own unique experience.
You can also check out the CRD’s guide to exploring art and culture at a distance.