With the weather improving and physical distancing measures in place, many fitness centres in Victoria are getting creative and moving their equipment outdoors, opting for sessions in the fresh air.
So if you’re looking to keep in shape during the pandemic but want to do so safely, you’re in luck!
Without further ado, move your workout outside with these 5 outdoor fitness classes in and around Victoria:
Annex Raw at Uptown is offering outdoor barre, strength, and spin classes along Uptown Boulevard. Check out their website for class schedules and pricing. Annex also offers online fitness videos to help you train from home.
- When: Morning and evening class times, Monday through Sunday
- Where: Uptown Boulevard
- Price: $18 per class. 5, 10 and 15 class punch passes also available
Start your day off with a relaxing yoga session on the Oak Bay Beach Hotels’ Seaside Garden Terrace. Partial proceeds from each ticket bought will be donated to a different local charity each month. The Victoria Hospitals Foundation is the chosen charity for the month of May.
- When: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., Thursdays and Saturdays, until September 30th
- Where: 1175 Beach Drive
- Price: $40 per ticket. Admission includes complimentary bottled water, sanitized yoga mat, cool towel, and house-made smoothie upon departure
Have you ever taken a spin class on the beach? Now’s your chance! Spinco Westshore has moved outdoors, giving you a perfect view of the water as you spin. Check out their website for schedule and pricing.
- When: Various class times Monday through Saturday
- Where: 3483 Metchosin Road
- Price: $25 per outdoor ride
Outdoor Fitness is offering outdoor HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout classes three times a week. The workouts, designed for all levels of fitness, are offered in Glanford Park in Victoria. The classes run rain or shine so come prepared!
Check out their website for class schedules and pricing information.
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Saturday
- Where: Glanford Park, 620 Kenneth Street #600
- Price: $12 (single class drop-in)
$79 (three classes a week for 4 weeks)
$99 (ten class pass, no expiry)
Victoria Bootcamp is offering cardio and strength training classes suitable for all fitness levels. With classes at Doncaster School and Rutledge Park, various class times and online Zoom classes you can be sure to find a class for your schedule. Try your first class for free to see if it is a good fit!