The BC Ministry of Health reported 120 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, June 17th.
There have been 146,794 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 13
- Fraser Health: 53
- Island Health: 5
- Interior Health: 43
- Northern Health: 5
- Residents outside Canada: 1
There are currently 1,451 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
143,579 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 131 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 44 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,739.
There are currently 4 outbreaks in long-term care and assisted-living facilities and 2 outbreaks in acute-care facilities.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 40 (-2) Total Cases: 1,962
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 7 (0) Total Cases: 2,461
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 8 (0) Total Cases: 704
- 3 hospitalized on Vancouver Island, 1 in ICU
- Total deaths in Island Health Region to date: 41
76.5% of all adults 18+ and 74.8% of those 12 and older have received their first dose.
To date, 4,231,871 (+66,729) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 768,008 (+57,161) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 178,107,340 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 3,855,656 have died, and 162,614,642 have recovered.