This weekend is going to be HOT! Matter of fact, there’s a special statement warning of a “dangerous long-duration heat wave” this weekend, so be safe out there!
With temperatures reaching 32°C in Victoria, locals will be looking to get out and enjoy the sunshine.
Be sure to dress accordingly, wear sunscreen and seek out shade!
Here are 15 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, June 26th-27th:
Fernwood NRG and FernFest have organized the new Fernwood Mural Festival, a celebration of art in the neighbourhood. Locals can take a self-guided tour to view 10+ murals throughout Fernwood, North Park, Oaklands and South Jubilee.
- When: Saturday, June 26th
- Where: 10 murals throughout Fernwood, North Park, Oaklands, and South Jubilee
Practice yoga outdoors with One Yoga Victoria’s all-levels outdoor class at Fisherman’s Wharf Park this Saturday.
- Where: Fisherman’s Wharf Park, 12 Erie Street
- When: 11:45 a.m., Saturday June 26th
- Price: $7 You can register for a class here
Uptown has transformed with a brand new, summer themed mural. The mural includes over 300 feet of summer-themed games and activities.
It’s time to hit up happy hour and enjoy some cheap eats and drinks. Check out our running list of cheap happy hours in and around Victoria.
If you want to view a beautiful dried floral archway and support mental health initiatives in Victoria, visit the Bay Centre’s ‘Canopy in Bloom’ display. During your visit, be sure to take a photo and post to social media using the hashtags #CanopyinBloom and #BlueLoveCampaign.
- Where: Centre Court of the Bay Centre, 1150 Douglas Street
- When: Open shopping centre hours, everyday until September 20th
This weekend is the perfect time to cool off in a lake. Local ideas include Thetis or Durrance Lake. If you’re looking to really cool down, go for a dip in the ocean!
Victoria’s first Community Fridge has opened in Rock Bay, to assist in ensuring all residents have access to food. Locals can visit, take whatever they need, or donate to help support those in need. Before donating, please look at their list of donation guidelines.
- Where: 2725 Rock Bay Avenue
- When: The Community Fridge is open 24/7
The Little Free Libraries, located across Greater Victoria, have launched their very own Bingo game! Visit a Little Free Library near you to pick up a card (or download one here) and explore your neighbourhood for more libraries to complete your card.
The Royal BC Museum’s feature exhibit showcases the spirit of BC’s wild coast, orca whales. In the exhibit, ‘Orcas: Our Shared Future’, visitors will learn about various orca populations, the complex structure of orca groups and the consequences of captivity. Tickets can be purchased up to two weeks in advance.
- Where: 675 Belleville Street, Royal BC Museum
- When: Tickets available 10:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. daily.
- Tickets: $26.95 Adults (19-64), $18.95 Senior (65+) or Student (19+ with valid student ID), $16.95 Youth (6-18).
Visit the Goldstream Farmer’s Market, located conveniently in Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Where: Veterans Memorial Park, Langford
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays until October
Visiting Sooke Country Market is a perfect Saturday morning activity. Browse through the vendors selling everything from fresh produce, jewelry, gardening supplies and more.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: John Phillips Memorial Park, 2201 Otter Point Road
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays until October 9th
2021 marks Moss Street Market’s 30th season in operation. If you prefer contactless pick up, you can visit the online Moss Street Market to pick up your order.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: 1330 Fairfield Road
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays through October
The Sidney Street Market is back! After a prolonged COVID-19 absence, the market has returned to a new location at the Mary Winspear Centre. While you’re there, be sure to check out Glory Bakehouse for some delicious brownies.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., every Sunday through October 10th
Visit the Metchosin Farmers Market for fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and more!
- Where: Metchosin Municipal Grounds, 4450 Happy Valley Road
- When: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sundays until the end of October
This summer, attend a completely unique yoga experience at Sea Cider, a silent disco yoga class. Enjoy a complimentary cider tasting after the class!
- Where: Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, 2487 Mt. St. Michael Road, Saanichton
- When: Most Sundays at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- To book: Buy your tickets online
Just a reminder: As recommended by BC’s health officials, outdoor gatherings of up to 50 people are permitted but people are asked to use COVID-19 layers of protection and maintain physical distancing. When attending any events, please adhere to COVID-19 health and safety restrictions, including proper physical distancing and wearing a mask or face-covering in public indoor and retail spaces. If you are sick, stay home!