Everyone knows them for gas, but what many don’t know is how much more this Vancouver Island company has in store.
Peninsula Co-op is a local co-operative with 18 gas centres with convenience stores located on Vancouver Island, with 12 of those just in the Greater Victoria region alone.
Since 1977, they’ve remained entirely locally owned and share profits with their 100,000 member-owners, community and staff.
Becoming a member is easy – and comes with a ton of perks. It means you immediately begin sharing in the profits of the company, rebate cheques at the end of year, and so much more – read more than that below!
Without further ado, here are 11 things you may not have known about Peninsula Co-op:
1. Rebates (more cash in your pocket!)
Your membership isn’t a loyalty program at Peninsula Co-op, and there are no miles to collect, and no points to accumulate.
Every time you use your Peninsula Co-op member number, your purchases are recorded and totaled at the end of the year and go towards the calculation of your annual rebate; a cheque made out to you to spend however you choose!
Sign up to be a member in a few simple clicks here.
2. They invest in local community and share their profits
Through their Community Fund, Peninsula Co-op donates over half a million dollars every year to local charities, organizations, youth groups, student scholarships and community projects.
When you’re a member-owner and shopping at Peninsula Co-op, you too are helping make a difference in the community.
3. Full-serve for price of self-serve
No extra charge for someone else to pump the gas, wash your windows, check your oil, and even more? Yes, please!
At Peninsula Co-op, Full-Serve gas service is the same price as Self-Serve – so you don’t pay any extra for a ton of extra perks.
4. Available washrooms
We’ve all been there – stuck on the road and in need of a washroom.
Fortunately, in those cases, Peninsula Co-op’s got you covered, and their gas centres are known for their clean and attractive washrooms.
5. Free water bottle refill stations
For human and furry friends alike, a water bottle refill station can be a sight for sore eyes, especially while on the road!
Re-hydrate for free at one of their many participating locations.
6. When you’re a member you’re an owner
For just $27, you’re purchasing a share in the company. And because it’s a share, you only pay once – you’re a lifetime member. There are no monthly or annual fees, and it’s not just your typical rewards system – you get a pay out at the end of each year!
7. They’re local
100% locally owned and operated, Peninsula Co-op prides themselves on being Island only.
8. Dog treats on hand for furry passengers
Everyone deserves a treat! When you stop by to fill up, you can also grab your fuzzy co-pilot a snack.
9. They’re great employers
Employing more than 350 full and part-time employees, Peninsula Co-op offers perks such as flexible work hours, profit sharing and bonuses, tuition assistance and even fitness memberships!
10. Even more ways to earn money
As if the annual rebate wasn’t enough, they reward their members with $10 for every new member they refer.
11. Home oil heating services
Sick of running out of home heating fuel?
Peninsula Co-op has a NO-WORRY Automatic Fill program, where you can relax and let them assume the responsibility for checking your fuel levels and topping up your tank on a regular basis so you don’t run out.
Also, when you sign up for automatic delivery you receive a $100 credit/year on your Home Heating account for the next five years. That’s a $500 credit!
- Keating – 2132 Keating Cross Road, Keating Mall
- Brentwood – 6739 West Saanich Road
- Goldstream – 894 Goldstream Avenue
- Millstream – 2320 Millstream Avenue
- Royal Oak – 4472 West Saanich Road, Royal Oak Shopping Centre
- Pat Bay – 6429 Pat Bay Highway
- Wilkinson – 4140 Wilkinson Road
- Gorge 628 – Gorge Road East
- Deep Cove – 10930 West Saanich Road
- Wale – 321 Wale Road, Colwood
- McDonald Park – 10350 McDonald Park Road
- West Shore Pkwy – 4937 West Shore Pkwy, Langford
- Canada Ave – 1007 Canada Avenue, Duncan
- Mill Bay – 805 Deloume Road, Mill Bay
- South Duncan (Triangle) 4804 Bench Road, Duncan
- Cowichan 281 Trans Canada Highway, Duncan
- Aspen – Comox 699 Aspen Road, Comox
- Ironwood – 940 Ironwood Street, Campbell River