This weekend, give back to those in need, support local businesses and treat yourself to some well deserved time with friends.
It has been a long sixteen months and we all deserve to get together with a friend we have missed, hit up a farmers market or attend a newly announced event!
Here are 11 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, July 10th-11th:
Comedy Walk is a COVID-safe comedy walking tour through Victoria led by local comedians.
The comedic walking tour-slash-comedy sketch show is semi-scripted and semi-improvised, bringing a brand new experience to downtown Victoria.
- Where: Tours start and end at 28 Bastion Square
- When: 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. start times, Friday and Saturday night until September 11th
- Tickets: $25 each, tickets can be purchased online here.
If your car is in need of some TLC bring it down to Glad Tidings Church this Sunday for a car wash! The event is operating by donation and funds are being raised for the Victoria Pregnancy Centre.
- Where: 1910 Quadra Street, Glad Tidings Church Parking lot
- When: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Saturday
Visiting Sooke Country Market is a perfect Saturday morning activity. Browse through the vendors selling everything from fresh produce, jewelry, gardening supplies and more.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: John Phillips Memorial Park, 2201 Otter Point Road
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays until October 9th
2021 marks Moss Street Market’s 30th season in operation. If you prefer contactless pick up, you can visit the online Moss Street Market to pick up your order.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: 1330 Fairfield Road
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays through October
The Pacific Coast Market Collective is back with another event, this time at Hillside Mall. Enjoy this outdoor shopping event with a friend as you browse products from local artists and vendors.
- Where: 1644 Hillside Avenue, Hillside Mall, parking lot outside of Marshalls
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
You haven’t been transported back in time, this is real! Legacy Drive-In has announced showtimes for their outdoor theatre at Westshore Motorsports Park.
This weekend, see Anchorman 2 or The Iron Giant from the comfort of your car as you enjoy food by Westshore Burger Co.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and it is recommended patrons arrive 30 minutes before showtime to ensure they get the best spot.
- Where: Westshore Motorsports Park (formerly Western Speedway) 2207 Millstream road
- When: Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: 10:00 p.m., Saturday July 10th, The Iron Giant: 9:00 p.m., Sunday July 11th
- Price: $30/car. Tickets can be purchased here.
Local artist Samantha Paul, Hololabs and Spark AR Studio have collaborated to bring an interactive mural to downtown Victoria.
Mounted on the side of the Save on Foods Memorial Centre, the 20’ X 40’ basketball mural is not just something to look at. Visitors can scan the QR code to experience an augmented interactive element to the artwork including 3D animals, hidden puzzles and thematic content related to basketball and the Pacific Northwest.
The Sidney Street Market is back! After a prolonged COVID-19 absence, the market has returned to a new location at the Mary Winspear Centre. While you’re there, be sure to check out Glory Bakehouse for some delicious brownies.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., every Sunday through October 10th
Visit the Metchosin Farmers Market for fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and more!
- Where: Metchosin Municipal Grounds, 4450 Happy Valley Road
- When: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sundays until the end of October
This summer, attend a completely unique yoga experience at Sea Cider, a silent disco yoga class. Enjoy a complimentary cider tasting after the class!
- Where: Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, 2487 Mt. St. Michael Rd, Saanichton
- When: Most Sundays at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- To book: Buy your tickets online
Dial-A-Geek Consulting is looking for donations of gently used computers and phones to be refurbished and donated to those affected by the Lytton fire.
This weekend, spend some time searching through your belongings for any electronics you may have to donate.
Donations can be dropped off to Dial-A-Geek Consulting’s office during work hours until July 16th.
- Where: Dial-A-Geek Consulting, 460 Bay Street
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday until July 16th