The BC Ministry of Health reported 59 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, July 7th.
There have been 147,856 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 13
- Fraser Health: 20
- Island Health: 3
- Interior Health: 17
- Northern Health: 2
- Resident outside Canada: 4
There are currently 624 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
145,455 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 86 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 20 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There were no reports of deaths from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,759.
There are currently 4 outbreaks in long-term care, assisted-living facilities and acute-care facilities.
Island Health reported 3 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 14 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 3 (+0)│Total Cases: 1975
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 11 (+1) │ Total Cases: 2488
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 0 (+0) │Total Cases: 703
5 people remain in hospital with 0 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 41 deaths on Vancouver Island.
78.2% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 38.2% received their second dose.
To date, 5,404,047 (+63,791) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 1,772,595 (+58,201) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 185,668,707 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,013,763 have died, and 169,903,532 have recovered.