The BC Ministry of Health reported 402 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, August 5th.
There have been 151,375 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 41
- Fraser Health: 82
- Island Health: 25
- Interior Health: 234
- Northern Health: 20
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 2,066 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
147,510 people people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 58 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 21 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There were no reports of deaths from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,772.
There are currently 5 outbreaks in long-term care (Holyrood Manor in Fraser Health, and Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre and Brookhaven Care Centre in Interior Health).
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 56 │Total Cases: 2,081
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 47 | Total Cases: 2,555
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 5 │Total Cases: 717
- 1 person are in hospital with 0 in ICU
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 41 deaths on Vancouver Island have been recorded since the pandemic began.
81.7% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 68.4% have received their second dose.
In addition, 82.6% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 70.6% have received their second dose.
To date, 6,965,062 (+33,247) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,172,287 (+25,618) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 201,509,888 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,276,902 have died, and 181,323,281 have recovered.