The BC Ministry of Health reported 655 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, August 31st.
There have been 166,068 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 99
- Fraser Health: 186
- Island Health: 68
- Interior Health: 242
- Northern Health: 60
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 6,045 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
157,941 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 187 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 103 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
2 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,816.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From August 16th to 29th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 80.2% of cases and 88.7% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (August 23rd to 29th):
- Total: 4,698
- Not vaccinated: 3,285 (69.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 485 (10.3%)
- Fully vaccinated: 928 (19.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 16th to 29th):
- Total: 186
- Not vaccinated: 150 (80.6%)
- Partially vaccinated: 15 (8.1%)
- Fully vaccinated: 21 (11.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (August 23rd to 29th):
- Not vaccinated: 212.1
- Partially vaccinated: 124.9
- Fully vaccinated: 28.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population (August 16th to 29th):
- Not vaccinated: 9.6
- Partially vaccinated: 3.5
- Fully vaccinated: 0.7
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Kamloops Seniors Village (Interior Health).
There are 19 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-term Care: Heritage Village (Fraser Health), Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
- Acute Care: Peace Arch Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 68 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 440 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 211 │Total Cases: 2601
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 165 │ Total Cases: 2970
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 64 │Total Cases: 872
13 people remain in hospital with 10 in ICU.
There have been 2 new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 47 deaths on Vancouver Island.
84.3% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 76.5% received their second dose.
In addition, 85.0% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 77.6% received their second dose.
To date, 7,463,858 (+10,751) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,547,751 (+6,020) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 218,270,488 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,529,326 have died, and 195,158,996 have recovered.