When it’s time for a night out on the town, what is your go to drink?
Margaritas, sangria, old fashions, everyone has their preference and knows exactly where they will go to get it.
Victorians are especially particular, as the city is full of inventive restaurants creating their own unique drinks and new spins on old classics.
Reddit user u/westcoastwanderer has been on the hunt, asking for the public’s recommendations of the best cocktails in the city.
From this list, along with recommendations from industry professionals, we have created a quick guide to some local favourites.
Let’s discover 12 of the best cocktails in Victoria for your next night out:
The ‘I Can Make It’ cocktail is made with Empress Gin Soho, Lemon, Sour Cherry and Prosecco.
- Location: 611 Courtney Street, 10 Acres Bistro
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday to Sunday
The $19 Parttime Tiki Punch cocktail is an experience. Made with a blend of rums, passionfruit, pineapple, c&c falernum, lime and bitters, the drink is then lit on fire!
- Location: 1900 Douglas Street, Citrus and Cane
- Hours: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Sunday and Monday, 6 p.m. to 12 a.m., Thursday to Saturday
Sherwood’s Beaufort Bianco is made with juniper-lime oleo, lemon-lavender stock and sparkling wine.
- Location: 710 Pandora Avenue
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday
Bodega’s fan favourite is made with Absolut vodka, pineapple ginger shrub, marrow sweet red vermouth, lemon and rootside aromatic-ish bitters.
- Location: 1210 Broad Street
- Hours: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 12 a.m., Friday and Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday
Virtuous Pie’s notable drink is made with Cazadores Tequila, Bols Creme de Bananes, Lime, Vanilla Syrup, Matcha Powder and Miraculous Foam.
- Location: 530 Pandora Avenue
- Hours: 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday, 12 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday to Sunday
According to Reddit, this $44 drink is worth it! This 3oz frozen old fashion is made with Okanagan Spirits Blk Bourbon, Rittenhouse rye, house syrup, arto life wtr, angostura & rootside root beer bitters. The drink is served at -20°C.
- Location: 45 Bastion Square
- Hours: 4 p.m. to 1 a.m., Monday to Sunday
Victoria’s newest Tiki Bar already has a fan favourite,‘The Zombie’. The 3oz drink is made with Appleton 8 Year, Ron Matusealem 15 year and Wray & Nephew overproof rum with grapefruit, falernum, cinnamon syrup, lime juice and special spices.
- Location: 714 Cormorant Street
- Hours: 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday and 5 p.m. to 12 a.m., Sunday
Clive’s ‘I Live in Vic West’ is made with Stillhead Blackberry Gin, Esquimalt Wine Co. Kina Rouge, Bittered Sling Lem Marakesh Bitters and lemon juice.
- Location: 740 Burdett Avenue
- Hours: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday, 5 p.m. to 12 a.m., Friday and Saturday, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Sunday
La Taqueria Pinch’s Margaritas are served with burnt lime and a spice rim. During happy hour you can get one for $5!
- Location: 766 Fort Street
- Hours: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Sunday
The Sidney restaurant favourite offers a cocktail made with gin, guava, lime, sugar and egg white.
- Location: 9851 Seaport Pl #1B, Sidney
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday
A new twist on a classic cocktail, Clarke&Co’s ‘Maple Butter Smoked Old Fashioned’ is made with Bookers Bourbon & Forty Creek Copper Pot Butter Washed Whisky, Hoyne Dark Matter Maple Syrup, Cedar Smoked Glass and Chocolate Bitters
- Location: 1002 Blanshard Street
- Hours: 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Thursday to Monday
The Mint’s take on a mojito is made with Black Sheep Spiced Rum, cardamom syrup, fresh lime, muddled mint and soda.
- Location: 1414 Douglas Street
- Hours: 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., Monday, 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. Wednesday, 5 p.m. to 2 a.m., Thursday to Sunday