According to the Weather Network’s Fall weather forecast, we’re in for a cooler and rainier autumn than usual.
However, we still have time to get out and enjoy all the outdoor activities we love, as the incoming weather change is expected to be delayed!
We still have some sunshine to look forward to!
This weekend, celebrate cultural diversity, say thank you to those who help to keep us safe and enjoy a night of laughter at a comedy show.
Here are 18 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, September 18th-19th:
The Central Saanich Volunteer Fire Fighters Association is celebrating 70 years!
On Saturday, enjoy antique and modern fire trucks, bouncy castles, dunk tanks, kid games and a BBQ!
Food and activities are by donation with proceeds going to the Saanich Peninsula Food Bank.
- Where: 1901 Mt. Newton Cross Road
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday September 18th
The Moon Festival celebrates the Harvest Moon and aims to foster an understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity.
Come dressed up with your own LED lantern creations or visit the lantern-making station.
Food trucks will be on site. The event will run rain or shine!
- Where: Gordon Head Recreation Centre and Lambrick Park
- When: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Saturday September 18th
- Price: Free!
This Saturday, September 18th, join the Victoria Flying Club to celebrate 75 years! Everyone is invited to attend the club’s open house where they will be able to meet flight instructors, staff and club members, tour civilian and military aircrafts and more.
Door prizes are also available to be won, including an hour of flight time with a Victoria Flying Club instructor for the general public and a free hour and a half use of one of the club’s recreational aircrafts for members.
Burgers and refreshments will also be available for purchase between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. so make sure to save room for some grub!
- Where: 101-1852 Casno Road, Victoria Flying Club, next to the Victoria International Airport’s control tower.
- When: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, September 18th
After being closed for nearly two years, Hecklers is back to fill your comedy needs. Every Saturday night enjoy a comedian followed by Comedy Here Often?’s The Late show.
- Where: 123 Gorge Road East, Hecklers Bar and Grill
- When: Bryan O’Gorman: 7 p.m., Saturday, Comedy Here Often? The Late Show: 10 p.m., Saturday
- Tickets: $20. Tickets can be purchased online here.
Visiting Sooke Country Market is a perfect Saturday morning activity. Browse through the vendors selling everything from fresh produce, jewelry, gardening supplies and more.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: John Phillips Memorial Park, 2201 Otter Point Road
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays until October 9th
2021 marks Moss Street Market’s 30th season in operation. If you prefer contactless pick up, you can visit the online Moss Street Market to pick up your order.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: 1330 Fairfield Road
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays through October
Visitors to Westshore Town Centre his weekend will be greeted by the Living Floral Pillar, made of flowers locally grown right here on Vancouver Island.
The centerpiece is part of a national “moment making” initiative happening at QuadReal’s retail properties across the country.
- Where: Westshore Town Centre
- When: Saturday, September 18th and Sunday September 19th
Tours of Craigdarroch are back! Tours are available Friday, Saturday and Sunday with tickets purchased in advance. Proceeds from tickets fund the ongoing castle restoration projects.
For more information on tickets, prices and to book your tour, visit the Craigdarroch Castle website here.
No, you haven’t been transported back in time, this is real! Legacy Drive-In has announced showtimes for their outdoor theatre at Westshore Motorsports Park.
This weekend, see Pulp Fiction and the Iron Giant from the comfort of your car as you enjoy food by Westshore Burger Co.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and it is recommended patrons arrive 30 minutes before showtime to ensure they get the best spot.
- Where: Westshore Motorsports Park (formerly Western Speedway) 2207 Millstream Road
- When: Pulp Fiction, Friday September 17th at 9 p.m., The Iron Giant, Sunday September 19th at 7:45 p.m.
- Price: $30/car. Tickets can be purchased here.
The Victoria Bicycle Music Festival is a free, pedal-powered mobile music festival!
The event’s fourth year will feature music from Ms.PAN!K, Nostic & Nicki, DJ Nova Jade, Niloo, Pesewa, Lelolai FAM, Sofía Sol, Shauntelle DC, and TEALIYE/Brianna Bear.
You can view the schedule here.
- Where: Irving Park and Stadacona Park
- When: 12:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sunday September 19th
The Sidney Street Market is back! After a prolonged COVID-19 absence, the market has returned to a new location at the Mary Winspear Centre. While you’re there, be sure to check out Glory Bakehouse for some delicious brownies.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., every Sunday through October 10th
Visit the Metchosin Farmers Market for fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and more!
- Where: Metchosin Municipal Grounds, 4450 Happy Valley Road
- When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays until the end of October
Fitness classes are back!
As restrictions ease, workout classes are finally re-opening and going back to regular capacity.
If you are interested in trying something new but want to try out some different workouts before committing to a lot of money we have a list of 15 new-member deals at local fitness studios!
BC was recently named Canada’s #1 staycation destination! Which means we are envied by the rest of Canada for our beautiful views, nature and relaxing environment.
Plan a staycation on our very own island with this list of 10 unique Airbnb getaways right here at home!
The Malahat Skywalk is open and they saw over 5000 visitors in their first weekend!
The attraction includes a viewing platform 250 metres above sea level, cafe, shops and a 600m elevated TreeWalk and nature trail.
The Skywalk offers scenic views of Mt. Baker, Finlayson Arm, the Saanich Peninsula, and islands in two countries.
View the Malahat Skywalk website for ticket information.
From the creators of the ‘Islands Passport’ comes a brand new addition, the ‘Distillery Passport’. The passport includes a complimentary flight and deals at 37 distilleries across British Columbia, with 14 of them located on Vancouver Island alone!
The Distillery Passport is $47.99 and can be purchased online.
- Where: Vendors across Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and throughout BC!
- When: Available July 21st at 9 a.m., and can be used until June 2022.
- To buy: Grab yours online today!
On a local subreddit, r/VictoriaBC, user fyrite asked the public to share their favourite local dishes, the go-tos, the ones people can’t live without.
Victoria delivered, and over 300 recommendations were posted to the thread.
Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just starting out, location has a huge impact on the quality of your running experience. Pick a cool morning or break out the running shoes later in the day when everything cools down. If you’re not sure where to go for your run, we have created a list of 10 scenic routes just waiting for you to explore!
Pumpkin spice is back at Starbucks Canada!
Fall menu favourites such as the Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew are once again available for you to enjoy.
Victoria is full of restaurants putting their own creative spin on the crispy chicken sandwich!
Reddit user u/beesmadehoney78 has been on the hunt, asking for the public’s help in finding Victoria’s best fried chicken sandwich.
Click here to see the list!