The BC Ministry of Health reported 1,692 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, September 20th.
There have been 179,646 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 644
- Saturday-Sunday: 613
- Sunday-Monday: 435
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 239
- Fraser Health: 533
- Island Health: 204
- Interior Health: 371
- Northern Health: 345
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,608 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
171,769 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 307 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 156 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
11 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,899.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From September 10th to 16th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 76.3% of cases. From September 3rd to 16th, they accounted for 85.0% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 10-16):
- Total: 4,749
- Not vaccinated: 3,268 (68.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 355 (7.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,126 (23.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 3-16):
- Total: 401
- Not vaccinated: 319 (79.6%)
- Partially vaccinated: 22 (5.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 60 (15.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 10-16):
- Not vaccinated: 313.7
- Partially vaccinated: 91.6
- Fully vaccinated: 28.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 3-16):
- Not vaccinated: 44.9
- Partially vaccinated: 8.7
- Fully vaccinated: 1.4
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 32.2 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Overlander (Interior Health).
There are a total of 21 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander (Interior Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
- Acute Care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 204 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 558 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 309 │Total Cases: 3245
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 203 │ Total Cases: 3564
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 46 │Total Cases: 1048
27 people remain in hospital with 16 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 58 deaths on Vancouver Island.
To date, 86.8% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 79.4% received their second dose.
In addition, 87.4% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.2% received their second dose.
To date, 7,711,306 (+36,012) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,679,181 (+19,686) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 229,512,548 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,708,737 have died, and 206,174,032 have recovered.