The BC Ministry of Health reported 525 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, September 21st.
There have been 180,178 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 51
- Fraser Health: 187
- Island Health: 61
- Interior Health: 147
- Northern Health: 79
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,282 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
172,624 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 332 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 155 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,900.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From September 13th to 19th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 76.1% of cases . From September 6th to 19th, they accounted for 84.7% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 13-19):
- Total: 4,367
- Not vaccinated: 2,982 (68.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 340 (7.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,045 (23.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 6-19):
- Total: 353
- Not vaccinated: 279 (79%)
- Partially vaccinated: 20 (5.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 54 (15.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 13-19):
- Not vaccinated: 290.3
- Partially vaccinated: 87.2
- Fully vaccinated: 26.3
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 6-19):
- Not vaccinated: 39.8
- Partially vaccinated: 8.2
- Fully vaccinated: 1.2
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 33.1 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
There are a total of 22 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander (Interior Health), Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health)
- Acute Care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 61 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 540 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 319 │Total Cases: 3273
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 181 │ Total Cases: 3576
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 40 │Total Cases: 1051
32 people remain in hospital with 16 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 58 deaths on Vancouver Island.
87% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 79.5% received their second dose.
In addition, 87.5% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.4% received their second dose.
To date, 7,725,586 (+14,280) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,685,799 (+6,618) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 230,027,843 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,716,983 have died, and 206,712,512 have recovered.