The BC Ministry of Health reported 671 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, September 3rd.
There have been 168,325 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 78
- Fraser Health: 230
- Island Health: 44
- Interior Health: 230
- Northern Health: 89
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,872 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
160,268 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 215 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 118 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
3 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,827.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Menno Home (Fraser Health).
There are a total of 21 active outbreaks:
- Long-term Care: Heritage Village, Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
- Acute Care: Peace Arch Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- Assisted or Independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 44 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 455 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 219│Total Cases: 2681
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 168│ Total Cases: 3039
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 68│Total Cases: 903
14 people remain in hospital with 12 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 48 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of today, 84.8% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 77.1% received their second dose.
In addition, 85.4% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 78.1% have received their second dose.
To date, 7,509,127 (+14,560) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,572,841 (+7,693) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 220,296,235 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,562,014 have died, and 196,938,915 have recovered.