The BC Ministry of Health reported 677 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, September 14th.
There have been 175,819 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 102
- Fraser Health: 237
- Island Health: 86
- Interior Health: 153
- Northern Health: 99
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 6,165 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
167,416 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 288 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 140 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,866.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Westminster House (Fraser Health).
The outbreak at Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 24 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-term Care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home, Westminster House (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital, Opal by Element (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), Sunset Lodge (Island Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
- Acute Care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 86 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 527 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 202 │Total Cases: 2960
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 254 │ Total Cases: 3393
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 71 │Total Cases: 1018
26 people remain in hospital with 16 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 56 deaths on Vancouver Island.
To date, 86.0% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.5% have received their second dose.
In addition, 86.5% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 79.4% have received their second dose.
To date, 7,630,846 (+12,393) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,638,404 (+5,857) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 226,534,310 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,660,532 have died, and 203,182,077 have recovered.