The BC Ministry of Health reported 706 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, September 16th.
There have been 177,186 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 105
- Fraser Health: 203
- Island Health: 81
- Interior Health: 213
- Northern Health: 104
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,844 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
169,083 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 291 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 134 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
4 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,877.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From September 8th to 14th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 76.1% of cases. From September 1st to 14th they accounted for 86.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (September 8th to 14th):
- Total: 4,914
- Not vaccinated: 3,347 (68.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 391 (8.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,176 (23.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (September 1st to 14th):
- Total: 390
- Not vaccinated: 318 (81.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 19 (4.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 53 (13.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 8th to 14th):
- Not vaccinated: 320.9
- Partially vaccinated: 98.6
- Fully vaccinated: 30
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 1st to 14th):
- Not vaccinated: 44.0
- Partially vaccinated: 7.6
- Fully vaccinated: 1.2
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 35.7 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health).
The outbreaks at Nicola Meadows and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 23 active outbreaks, including:
- Long term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital, Opal by Element (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), Sunset Lodge (Island Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
- Acute Care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 81 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 581 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 262 │Total Cases: 3048
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 258 │ Total Cases: 3450
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 61 │Total Cases: 1023
24 people remain in hospital with 13 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 58 deaths on Vancouver Island.
To date, 86.3% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.8% received their second dose.
In addition, 86.8% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 79.7% received their second dose.
To date, 7,658,443 (+14,470) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,652,033 (+7,317) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 227,512,652 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,677,473 have died, and 204,203,749 have recovered.