The BC Ministry of Health reported 743 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, September 24th.
There have been 182,541 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: +111 | Active: 955
- Fraser Health: +292 | Active: 2,029
- Island Health: +57 | Active: 660
- Interior Health: +177 | Active: 1,268
- Northern Health: +106 | Active: 1,023
There are currently 5,979 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
174,281 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 319 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 149 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There have been 7 additional deaths from COVID-related causes in BC, increasing the provincial death toll to 1,922.
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 318 │Total Cases: 3,386
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 176 │ Total Cases: 3,657
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 41 │Total Cases: 1,068
- 33 people remain in hospital with 21 in ICU
There was 1 new deaths in the Island Health region today, a total of 60 deaths on Vancouver Island have been recorded since the pandemic began.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
The Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 21 active outbreaks.
To date, 87.5% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 80% received their second dose.
In addition, 88% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.9% received their second dose.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 231,786,301 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,749,394 have died, and 208,390,020 have recovered.