The BC Ministry of Health reported 801 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, September 2nd.
There have been 167,654 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 128
- Fraser Health: 267
- Island Health: 66
- Interior Health: 237
- Northern Health: 103
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,931 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
159,560 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 199 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 116 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
6 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,824.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From August 25th to 31st, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 79.0% of cases and from Aug 18-31, they accounted for 84.0% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (August 25th to 31st):
- Total: 4,861
- Not vaccinated: 3,345 (68.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 496 (10.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,020 (21.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 18th to 31st):
- Total: 268
- Not vaccinated: 203 (75.7%)
- Partially vaccinated: 22 (8.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 43 (16.0%)
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Northcrest Care Centre (Fraser Health) and Hillside Village (Interior Health).
The outbreak at Nelson Jubilee Manor (Interior Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 20 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Heritage Village, Northcrest Care Centre (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
- Acute Care: Peace Arch Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 66 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 461 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 224 │Total Cases: 2657
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 171 │ Total Cases: 3020
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 66 │Total Cases: 893
15 people remain in hospital with 12 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 48 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of today, 84.6% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 76.9% received their second dose.
In addition, 85.3% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 77.9% have received their second dose.
To date, 7,494,567 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,565,148 of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 219,627,782 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,550,571 have died, and 196,416,432 have recovered.