The BC Ministry of Health reported 814 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, September 8th.
There have been 171,564 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 135
- Fraser Health: 241
- Island Health: 90
- Interior Health: 272
- Northern Health: 72
- Resident outside Canada: 4
There are currently 5,550 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
163,793 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 261 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 129 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There were no reports of deaths from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,842.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From August 31st to September 6th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 77.8% of cases.
From August 24th to September 6th, they accounted for 85.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (August 31st to September 6th):
- Total: 4,691
- Not vaccinated: 3,247 (69.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 403 (8.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,041 (22.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 24th to September 6th):
- Total: 233
- Not vaccinated: 184 (79.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 16 (6.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 33 (14.2%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (August 31st to September 6th):
- Not vaccinated: 244.4
- Partially vaccinated: 108.3
- Fully vaccinated: 30.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population (August 24th to September 6th):
- Not vaccinated: 13.7
- Partially vaccinated: 4.1
- Fully vaccinated: 1.0
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There are 21 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-term Care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
- Acute Care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 90 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 385 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 159 │Total Cases: 2777
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 163 │ Total Cases: 3172
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 63 │Total Cases: 949
18 people remain in hospital with 12 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 52 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of today, 85.2% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 77.7% received their second dose.
In addition, 85.8% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 78.6% have received their second dose.
To date, 7,557,556 (+11,685) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,601,169 (+6,240) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 223,080,559 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,605,045 have died, and 199,585,345 have recovered.