If you’re a musician, venue owner, or music lover, the City of Victoria is looking for your input!
For their next Music Strategy draft, the City of Victoria is seeking community feedback to guide the City’s annual $1.7 million investment into arts, culture and events.
Community members are invited to an open house and information session on Saturday, September 11th at the Neighbourhood Hub (709 & 711 Douglas St.) from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The open house is intended to create a dialogue between community members and the City to get a clearer vision of what Victoria’s music scene should look like.
Those who cannot attend the open house are still encouraged to participate.
The community is invited to share feedback on the Music Strategy’s recommendations through an online survey by Friday, September 17th here.
The survey prioritizes five main areas:
- Removing regulatory barriers and creating music friendly policies.
- Preserving existing spaces and encouraging the development of new spaces.
- Building local capacity for artists to develop their music careers.
- Growing audiences and expanding access to music in all its forms.
- Seeking partnerships and collaborations to explore new innovative music platforms and experiences.
“These final engagement steps for our new Music Strategy will help build the city’s musical roadmap and allow the public to understand what the key priorities are,” said Kathryn Calder, Chair of the Victoria Music Advisory Committee.
The strategy and accompanying reports will go before Council in the fall for final adoption and implementation.