In a Sunday release, Island Health has declared an outbreak at the Victoria Chinatown Care Centre long-term care home.
To date, two cases of COVID-19 have been identified within the care home.
All thirty one residents as well as staff are being tested for COVID-19. Communication with residents, family and staff is ongoing.
According to Island Health, the following steps have been taken as part of the outbreak response at the home:
- COVID-positive residents have been isolated to their rooms;
- All social visitation, admissions and transfers have been stopped;
- Enhanced cleaning protocols and use of personal protective equipment;
- Island Health continues to support the outbreak response;
- Staffing levels and supply of personal protective equipment are being closely monitored and Island Health is supporting where needed, to ensure safe resident care continues
The most recent COVID-19 outbreak in Victoria occurred at Sunset Lodge which is now over.
During that outbreak, 6 people succumbed to the virus. In total 15 staff and 21 residents tested positive for the virus.
The origin of the Victoria Chinatown Care Centre outbreak is still under investigation.