At approximately 8 p.m. on Monday, September 7th, a fire erupted near Beacon Hill Park, sending dark smoke across the evening sky.
Nearby witnesses, who reported the blaze, also described hearing multiple explosions and a strong smell of chemicals in the air.
According to reports, the fire began from a large homeless encampment on Dallas Road and was made worse by exploding propane bottles.
The Victoria Fire Department arrived quickly to the scene where three fire trucks were required to put out the blaze.
The quick action of the firefighters saved two nearby homeless encampments as well as the Dallas Road waterfront from going up in the blaze.
Thankfully, recent rain assisted in the dry foliage conditions in Beacon Hill Park.
Photos of the fire can be found below:
Victoria Buzz has reached out to the Victoria Fire Department for more information.