The BC Ministry of Health reported 1,846 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, October 18th.
There have been 198,278 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 746
- Saturday-Sunday: 650
- Sunday-Monday: 443
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 212
- Fraser Health: 737
- Island Health: 169
- Interior Health: 322
- Northern Health: 406
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 4,917 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
190,918 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 360 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 151 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
26 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 2,081.
There have been four new health-care facility outbreaks: at Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Menno Terrace West (Fraser Health) and Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health).
The outbreak at Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 22 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village (Fraser Health), Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health) and Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- Acute Care: Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health), University Hospital of Northern British Columbia, G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health) and Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
- Assisted or Independent Living: Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor, Menno Terrace West (Fraser Health) and Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
Island Health reported 169 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 437 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 187 │Total Cases: 4204
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 204 │ Total Cases: 4436
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 46 │Total Cases: 1219
46 people remain in hospital with 27 in ICU.
There were three new deaths reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 83 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Monday, Oct. 18, 2021, 89.2% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.4% received their second dose.
In addition, 89.6% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 84.1% received their second dose.
To date, 8,060,794 (+35,438) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,865,096 (+16,407) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 241,631,888 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,917,084 have died, and 218,851,663 have recovered.