The BC Ministry of Health reported 1,986 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, October 4th.
There have been 189,680 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 617
- Saturday-Sunday: 707
- Sunday-Monday: 662
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 226
- Fraser Health: 782
- Island Health: 218
- Interior Health: 414
- Northern Health: 346
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,986 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
181,304 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 326 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 142 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
10 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,983.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From September 24th to 30th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 71.5% of cases. From September 17th to 30th, they accounted for 81.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 24-30):
- Total: 5,106
- Not vaccinated: 3,303 (64.7%)
- Partially vaccinated: 346 (6.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,457 (28.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 17-30):
- Total: 383
- Not vaccinated: 272 (71.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 40 (10.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 71 (18.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 24-30):
- Not vaccinated: 295.7
- Partially vaccinated: 98.5
- Fully vaccinated: 35.8
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 17-30):
- Not vaccinated: 40.5
- Partially vaccinated: 17.0
- Fully vaccinated: 1.6
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Manoah Manor and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health).
The outbreaks at Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre (Vancouver Coastal Health), Kamloops Seniors Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 20 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health), Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station (Interior Health) Wrinch Memorial Hospital, Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) andVictoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
- Acute Care: University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
- Assisted or Independent Living: Sunset Manor, Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health) and Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
Island Health reported 218 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 597 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 312 │Total Cases: 3774
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 240 │ Total Cases: 3983
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 45 │Total Cases: 1126
37 people remain in hospital with 25 in ICU.
There were no new deaths reported in the Island Health region, and a total of 70 deaths on Vancouver Island since the pandemic began.
As of Monday, Oct. 4, 2021, 88.2% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.6% received their second dose.
In addition, 88.7% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 82.3% received their second dose.
To date, 7,884,070 (+31,185) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,782,008 (+20,960) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 235,906,691 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,818,670 have died, and 212,847,060 have recovered.