The BC Ministry of Health reported 580 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, October 14th.
There have been 195,766 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 53
- Fraser Health: 246
- Island Health: 48
- Interior Health: 104
- Northern Health: 149
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,348 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
187,985 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 378 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 153 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
9 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 2,042.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From Oct. 6-12, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 66.9% of cases.
From Sept. 29-Oct. 12, they accounted for 75.0% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 6-12):
- Total 4,052
- Not vaccinated: 2,441 (60.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 270 (6.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,341 (33.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 29-Oct. 12):
- Total 456
- Not vaccinated: 319 (70.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 23 (5.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 114 (25.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 6-12):
- Not vaccinated: 267.3
- Partially vaccinated: 76.6
- Fully vaccinated: 32.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 29-Oct. 12):
- Not vaccinated: 51.6
- Partially vaccinated: 10.3
- Fully vaccinated: 2.6
There is currently one active health care outbreak in the Island Health region at Tofino General Hospital.
There are a total of 19 outbreaks in the province.
Island Health reported 48 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 485 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 217 │Total Cases: 4101
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 215 │ Total Cases: 4324
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 53 │Total Cases: 1198
49 people remain in hospital with 27 in ICU.
There were 2 deaths reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 80 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021, 89.0% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.9% have received their second dose.
In addition, 89.4% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.6% have received their second dose.
To date, 8,008,858 (+16,926) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,842,247 (+6,739) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 240,190,120 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,893,211 have died, and 217,487,459 have recovered.