The BC Ministry of Health reported 605 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, October 13th.
There have been 195,186 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 82
- Fraser Health: 245
- Island Health: 92
- Interior Health: 119
- Northern Health: 67
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,172 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
187,564 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 374 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 153 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
4 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 2,033.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From October 5th to 11th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 68.0% of cases and from September 28th to October 11th, they accounted for 73.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 5-11):
- Total: 4,206
- Not vaccinated: 2,571 (61.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 291 (6.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,344 (32.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 28-Oct. 11):
- Total: 346
- Not vaccinated: 229 (66.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 25 (7.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 92 (26.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 5-11):
- Not vaccinated: 278.3
- Partially vaccinated: 80.5
- Fully vaccinated: 32.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 28-Oct. 11):
- Not vaccinated: 36.7
- Partially vaccinated: 10.7
- Fully vaccinated: 2.1
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
The outbreak at The Residence in Mission (Fraser Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 19 active outbreaks:
- Long-Term Care: Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health) and Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- Acute Care: Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health), University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health) and Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
- Assisted or Independent Living: Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health) and Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
Island Health reported 92 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 550 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 247 │Total Cases: 4080
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 242 │ Total Cases: 4302
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 61 │Total Cases: 1194
44 people remain in hospital with 28 in ICU.
There was 1 death reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 78 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021, 88.9% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.7% have received their second dose.
In addition, 89.4% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.4% received their second dose.
To date, 7,991,932 (+13,917) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,835,508 (+5,445) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 239,756,747 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,886,343 have died, and 217,103,189 have recovered.