The BC Ministry of Health reported 714 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, October 1st.
There have been 187,694 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 73
- Fraser Health: 274
- Island Health: 56
- Interior Health: 205
- Northern Health: 106
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 6,317 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
178,980 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 328 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 138 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
11 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,973.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From September 23rd to 29th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 71.3% of cases.
From September 15th to 29th, they accounted for 80.8% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 23-29):
- Total: 5,152
- Not vaccinated: 3,311 (64.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 3,59 (7.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,482 (28.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 16-29):
- Total: 426
- Not vaccinated: 302 (70.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 42 (9.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 82 (19.2%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 23-29):
- Not vaccinated: 296.6
- Partially vaccinated: 98.0
- Fully vaccinated: 36.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 16-29):
- Not vaccinated: 44.4
- Partially vaccinated: 17.7
- Fully vaccinated: 1.9
There are 22 active health facility outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health); Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health); Cottonwoods Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station (Interior Health); Wrinch Memorial Hospital, Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health); and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
- Acute Care: University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
- Assisted or Independent Living: Sunset Manor, Menno Terrace East, Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health), Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health) and Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
Island Health reported 56 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 536 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 286 │Total Cases: 3659
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 214 │ Total Cases: 3893
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 36 │Total Cases: 1106
33 people remain in hospital with 21 in ICU.
To date, 88% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.1% have received their second dose.
In addition, 88.5% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 81.9% have received their second dose.
To date, 7,852,885 (+21,656) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,761,048 (+15,591) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 234,961,231 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,804,031 have died, and 211,719,715 have recovered.