The BC Ministry of Health reported 758 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, October 28th.
There have been 204,330 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 74
- Fraser Health: 329
- Island Health: 114
- Interior Health: 108
- Northern Health: 133
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 4,961 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
196,858 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 434 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 155 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
10 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,147.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From Oct. 20-26, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.7% of cases.
From Oct. 13-26, they accounted for 74.0% of hospitalizations.
- Past week cases (Oct. 20-26) – Total 4,066
- Not vaccinated: 2,365 (58.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 266 (6.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,435 (35.3%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 13-26)
- Total: 458
- Not vaccinated: 310 (67.7%)
- Partially vaccinated: 29 (6.3%)
- Fully vaccinated: 119 (26.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 20-26)
- Not vaccinated: 288.6
- Partially vaccinated: 87.1
- Fully vaccinated: 33.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 13-26)
- Not vaccinated: 57.0
- Partially vaccinated: 12.6
- Fully vaccinated: 2.6
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Tabor Manor (Fraser Health).
There are a total of 33 active healthcare outbreaks in the province.
There are currently no active outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health reported 114 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 488 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 141 │Total Cases: 4398
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 298 │ Total Cases: 4839
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 49│Total Cases: 1290
55 people remain in hospital with 26 in ICU.
There were no new deaths reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 89 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Thursday, Oct. 28, 2021, 89.8% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.9% have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.2% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.5% have received their second dose.
To date, 8,202,550 (+15,939) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,933,596 (+7,659) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
You can view the worldwide stats here.