Island Health has announced the COVID-19 outbreak at Victoria Chinatown Care Centre long-term care home is now over.
On September 19th, two residents tested positive for COVID-19. No other cases in residents or staff members were identified.
Island Health has implemented several strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in long-term care, acute care, assisted living, and licensed facilities.
As a result of the outbreak being declared over, the following will occur at Victoria Chinatown Care Centre:
- Extensive cleaning, as part of standard end-of-outbreak protocols commenced October 6th
- Pre-planned visitors and outings will resume October 12th
- Admissions and transfers will resume October 12th
- Resident movement around the home will resume
- Diligent infection prevention measures and appropriate use of personal protective equipment for staff and visitors will continue.
There are currently 16 active outbreaks at long-term care, acute care and assisted or independent living facilities in the province.
There are currently no health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.