After two years of distanced and virtual events, the Royal Victoria Marathon is back!
This Sunday, October 10th, participants will be running in a half marathon and 8km race around Dallas Road and Fairfield.
So if you’re looking for something to do this weekend, get out and cheer on the participants!
As a result, roads will be closed in Victoria’s Inner Harbour as well as along the entirety of Dallas Road and through Fairfield.
Traffic and parking along the route will also be disrupted during the road closures.
Many of the road closures begin in the early morning hours Sunday.
A detailed list of the road closures can be found below:
- 12:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Belleville Street between Oswego and Government streets
- 4:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Dallas Road between Cook Street and Ogden Point
- 3:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Menzies Street between Belleville and Superior streets
- 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Belleville, Pendray, Quebec, Montreal, Kingston, St. Lawrence and Erie streets at Dallas Road. Beacon Hill Park including Park Boulevard and Heywood Way. Cook Street from Chapman Street to Dallas Road.
- 9:50 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Ross Bay Cemetery to Fairfield Road
- 9:55 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Fairfield Road to Quamichan Street