Have you done all your holiday shopping yet?
Across Victoria, stores and malls are suddenly flooded with busy shoppers as they work to check everyone off their list.
This year, the holidays seem to have come from out of nowhere as we near the end of November and enter the last month of 2021.
If you’re looking to support local this holiday, and have some opportunities to shop outdoors, there are plenty of holiday craft markets and fairs happening in and around Victoria.
For many, this is their first event back after a hiatus due to COVID-19.
Now that you’re ready to shop, here are 6 craft Markets and Fairs in and around Victoria to check out this holiday:
After putting their markets on hold for the past fifteen months, the Out of Hand Modern Holiday Market will return this season! The event will feature over 120 designers and artisans from all over the province.
Tickets can be purchased online for designated time slots.
- Where: 713 Douglas Street, Crystal Gardens
- When: 10 a.m. to 7p.m., Friday November 26th, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday November 28th, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday November 28th
- Tickets: $11 each. Tickets can be purchased in advance here.
Cedar Hill Arts Centre is back with their popular annual sale featuring pottery, paintings, arts and crafts. Find a locally made Christmas present for your loved one!
There will also be a chance to win handmade door prizes!
- Where: 3220 Cedar Hill Road, Cedar Hill Recreation Centre
- When: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday November 28th
- Admission: Free!
This December, Sea Cider will be hosting their Local Folk Fair Holiday Market!
Here, you will be able to browse the creations of 25 local vendors while enjoying food, live music and cider!
Tickets can be purchased online in advance. Tickets will be sold in ninety minute time slots to help practice physical distancing.
Proof of vaccination will be required to enter the event.
- Where: Sea Cider Farm, 2487 Mt St Michael Road
- When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday December 5th
- Tickets: $5 per person for ages 12 and up. Tickets can be purchased online.
After a year-long hiatus due to COVID-19, the Heartwood and Co. Winter Night Market returns with vendors such as Good Side Baking, Back in Five Plant Shop, Lees Wine, Holly Spriggs Fine Jewelry and more!
- Where: 1402 Broad Street, Heartwood and Co.
- When: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday, December 9th
The Moss Street Market features over 70 vendors! Goodies include bath and beauty products, cards, clothing, purses, jewelry, pottery, woodworks, glassworks, art, toys, preserves, baked goods, winter vegetables, meats, coffee, chocolates, hot food, beer, wine, cider, and more!
- Where: Fairfield Community Centre, Garry Oak Room, Sir James Douglas School gym, and a school portable, 1330 Fairfield Road
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., December 11th and 12th
- Admission: Free!
The Esquimalt Farmers Market is almost wrapping up for the Fall season. Until November 25th, you can support all the local vendors and shop for your Christmas gifts!
- Where: Esquimalt Town Square
- When: 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., every Thursday until November 25th
- Admission: Free