It’s back, it promises to be better than ever, and it’s happening this weekend!
We’re talking about Vancouver Island’s beloved A Touch of Saltspring Christmas Craft Fair, of course, and it all kicks off this Friday, December 3rd.
With amazing gift ideas for friends and family, this is an event you won’t want to miss!
It will feature the creations of a wide variety of local vendors, including pottery, jewellery, furniture, food, artwork and more.
Without further ado, here are 7 things you need to know about this weekend’s A Touch of Saltspring Christmas Craft Fair:
1. Same craft fair, familiar location
The three-day event is the most popular arts and crafts show on the island, originating as the Touch of Salt Spring Craft and Art Show on Salt Spring Island in 1991.
Over time, the show has grown and gained popularity, leading to a move to Vancouver Island.
This year, the event will return to one if its original locations, the Saanich Fairgrounds.
2. 3 days of craft-filled fun
Can’t make it to day one? No problem! The Craft Fair spans across 3 whole days, so there’s plenty of time to visit!
A Touch of Saltspring Christmas Craft Fair runs Friday, December 3rd 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, December 4th 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, December 5th 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There’s also lots of general and accessible parking available.
3. One wristband to rule them all
$5 gets you a whole lot when it comes to A Touch of Saltspring!
Your one wristband ($5) gets you access for all 3 days, and even better? Kids under 12 are completely free!
You can buy your wristband (cash only) at the door of the event.
4. Eats on site
After all that craft fair cruising, you’re bound to work up an appetite!
A Touch of Saltspring will feature a dining room serving refreshments, baked goods and desserts, burgers and sandwiches, and homemade soups and chilis.
5. Vendors galore
With so many unique vendors in store, there’s so much to choose from! This year’s A Touch of Saltspring features over 100 vendors selling a wide variety of local and handmade goods from BC and Alberta.
Check out our article on just a few of those spectacular vendors.
6. Keeping you safe
A Touch of Saltspring will have several COVID-19 protocols in place, including:
- All guests ages 19+ need to bring their vaccination QR code and 1 piece of photo ID
- All guests ages 12+ need to bring their vaccination QR code
- Everyone ages 5+ must wear a mask while indoors (face shields will not be accepted as a substitute for a mask)
7. Victoria Buzz will be there!
Victoria Buzz will be on site at A Touch of Saltspring Christmas Craft Fair on Friday, December 3rd to kick off a weekend full of crafting goodness – so make sure you stop by and say hi as you’re perusing the event!
As if all of the above isn’t enough of a draw, we’re also giving away FOUR wristbands to the craft fair this weekend – you can enter below!
For a chance to WIN four ‘A Touch of Saltspring’ event wristbands, complete one or more of the following:
- LIKE A Touch of Saltspring on Facebook and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW A Touch of Saltspring on Instagram and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on December 1st. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
- Where: Saanich Fairgrounds
- When: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday December 3rd, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, December 4th and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday December 5th
- Wristbands: $5 each giving you access to all three days of the event – kids under 12 are free! Wristbands can be purchased at the Saanich Fairground entrance.