The BC Ministry of Health reported 1,474 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, December 22nd.
There have been 231,117 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 711
- Fraser Health: 435
- Island Health: 176
- Interior Health: 113
- Northern Health: 39
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 7,253 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
221,280 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 187 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 71 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
6 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,409.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
There is a total of 1 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently no health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health reported 176 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 961 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 524 │Total Cases: 5877
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 242 │ Total Cases: 6670
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 195│Total Cases: 2472
38 people remain in hospital with 15 in ICU.
There was 2 new deaths reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 138 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Wednesday, December 22nd:
- 9,219,326 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 87.6% (4,366,010) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.7% (4,122,434) have received their second dose.
- 91.8% (4,253,714) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.9% (4,122,360) have received their second dose and 16% (764,498) have received a third dose.
- 92.1% (3,985,464) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.4% (3,867,516) have received their second dose and 18% (763,715) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.