The BC Ministry of Health reported 1,785 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, December 28th.
The latest infections bring the total number of recorded cases in the province to 243,731 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions
- 791 new cases in Fraser Health
- 400 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 269 new cases in Interior Health
- 42 new cases in Northern Health
- 283 new cases in Island Health
- 0 new case in person who resides outside of Canada
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said the Ministry of Health will return to regular reporting of COVID-19 cases, vaccinations, hospitalizations and deaths, and cases and hospitalizations by vaccination status on Wednesday, December 29th.
You can view the worldwide stats here.