The BC Ministry of Health reported 2,550 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, December 20th.
There have been 228,335 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 911
- Saturday-Sunday: 832
- Sunday-Monday: 807
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 909
- Fraser Health: 877
- Island Health: 415
- Interior Health: 268
- Northern Health: 81
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,435 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
220,348 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 185 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 77 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
3 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,402.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
There is 1 ongoing health care outbreak in the province.
There are currently no health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health reported 415 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 829 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 448 │Total Cases: 5663
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 198 │ Total Cases: 6559
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 183│Total Cases: 2394
37 people remain in hospital with 14 in ICU.
There was 1 new death reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 136 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Monday, December 20th:
- 9,165,398 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 87.3% (4,352,063) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.6% (4,118,432) have received their second dose.
- 91.7% (4,250,903) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.8% (4,118,375) have received their second dose and 16% (727,761) have received a third dose.
- 92.1% (3,982,962) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.3% (3,863,965) received their second dose and 17% (726,994) have received a third dose.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
You can view the worldwide statistics here.