The BC Ministry of Health reported 4,383 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, December 30th.
There have been 251,054 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 977
- Fraser Health: 2,319
- Island Health: 460
- Interior Health: 501
- Northern Health: 122
- Resident outside Canada: 4
There are currently 17,357 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
230,784 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 211 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 66 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 person died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,420.
There have been six new health-care facility outbreaks at Mission Memorial Hospital, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens and Guildford Seniors Village (Fraser Health), for a total of 13 facilities with ongoing outbreaks
As of Thursday, December 30th:
- 9,368,643 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 91.9% (4,260,681) of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.1% (4,131,345) have received their second dose and 19.1% (884,416) have received a third dose.
- 92.3% (3,991,809) of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, 89.6% (3,875,648) have received their second dose, and 20.4% (883,558) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.