The BC Ministry of Health reported 584 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, December 15th.
There have been 224,245 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 180
- Fraser Health: 172
- Island Health: 109
- Interior Health: 92
- Northern Health: 31
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 3,458 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
218,295 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 193 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 77 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
7 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,393.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreak at Laurier Manor (Northern Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 2 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently no health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health reported 109 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 732 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 335 │Total Cases: 5298
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 196 │ Total Cases: 6419
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 201 │Total Cases: 2251
39 people remain in hospital with 14 in ICU.
There were 2 new deaths reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 134 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Wednesday, December 15th:
- 9,032,599 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 86.7% of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.4% have received a second dose.
- 91.6% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.6% have received their second dose and 14% have received a third dose.
- 92.0% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.1% have received their second dose and 15% have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.