The annual Peninsula Firefighters Christmas Food Drive is back for the holidays, with plenty of ways to donate on Saturday, December 11th!
In 2020, the annual neighbourhood drive throughs were not possible due to COVID-19, but this year, Sidney, North Saanich and Central Saanich firefighters are joining forces to offer drive through, drop off stations and contactless options.
“We really enjoy collecting donations for the food bank. Kids get so excited by the trucks and learn about the importance of helping others in their community,” said Lieutenant Rick Toogood of Sidney Fire Rescue.
“Even when we have to adapt for the pandemic, it means a lot to keep this important tradition going.”
All non-perishable food items and cash donations will go to the Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank.
In Sidney, Central Saanich and North Saanich there will be neighbourhood drive throughs and drop-offs with contactless options:
- Neighbourhood Drive Through the West Side of Sidney: Dec 11th, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Drop offs can be made at the Sidney Community Safety Building until December 10th
from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Contact-free drive through in back parking lot on December 11th from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Neighbourhood Drive Through: December 11th, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Drop offs can be made at the Central Saanich Fire Station #1 and Central Saanich
Municipal Hall: Dec. 6th – Dec. 10th from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Neighbourhood Drive Through Dean Park, Canora Mews, and Eaglehurst area: Dec. 11th,
1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Drop offs can be made at the North Saanich Wain Road Fire Hall: Until Dec 10th, 8
a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday