The BC Ministry of Health reported 1,446 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, January 25th.
There have been 314,522 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 309
- Fraser Health: 508
- Island Health: 163
- Interior Health: 319
- Northern Health: 147
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 32,468 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
277,285 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 985 people in hospital with COVID-19, 144 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,554.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreak at Kopernik Lodge (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 63 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 25 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Tuesday, January 25th:
- 10,506,471 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 89.6% (4,467,392) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6% (4,167,276) have received their second dose.
- 92.6% (4,291,424) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.9% (4,166,375) received their second dose and 41.3% (1,912,122) have received a third dose.
- 92.9% (4,019,925) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.4% (3,907,880) received their second dose and 44.2% (1,910,574) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.