The BC Ministry of Health reported 2,032 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, January 18th.
There have been 301,178 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 503
- Fraser Health: 731
- Island Health: 175
- Interior Health: 478
- Northern Health: 88
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 37,224 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
258,417 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 854 people in hospital due with COVID-19, 112 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
2 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,492.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
There have been 9 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: CareLife Fleetwood, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, Eden Care Centre (Fraser Health); Village at Smith Creek (Interior Health); Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge and Sidney Care Home (Island Health).
The outbreaks at Eagle Ridge Hospital, The Oxford Senior Care Home, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, AgeCare Harmony Court (Fraser Health), Selkirk Seniors Village and Selkirk Village Assisted Living (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 53 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 17 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Tuesday, January 18th:
- 10,158,329 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 89.3% (4,448,921) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.4% (4,157,150) have received their second dose.
- 92.4% (4,282,675) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.7% (4,156,635) have received their second dose and 34.3% (1,591,505) have received a third dose.
- 92.8% (4,011,947) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.1% (3,898,949) have received their second dose and 36.8% (1,590,246) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.