The BC Ministry of Health reported 2,239 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, January 11th.
There have been 286,080 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 383
- Fraser Health: 807
- Island Health: 562
- Interior Health: 318
- Northern Health: 167
- Resident outside Canada: 2
There are currently 36,087 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
244,551 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 469 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 97 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
3 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,449.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
There have been 4 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health), Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, and Oyster Harbour (Island Health).
The outbreak at Mission Memorial Hospital and Hawthorne Lodge (Fraser Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 45 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 9 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Tuesday, January 11th:
- 9,775,058 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 88.8% (4,426,451) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.2% (4,146,540) have received their second dose.
- 92.2% (4,273,371) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.4% (4,146,186) received their second dose and 26.8% (1,239,995) have received a third dose.
- 92.6% (4,003,464) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.9% (3,889,316) received their second dose and 28.6% (1,238,916) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.