The BC Ministry of Health reported 2,554 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, January 13th.
There have been 291,246 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 485
- Fraser Health: 885
- Island Health: 412
- Interior Health: 462
- Northern Health: 304
- Resident outside Canada: 6
There are currently 36,049 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
249,458 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 534 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 102 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
7 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,462.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
There have been 5 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone (Interior Health), Dufferin Place and Beacon Hill Villa (Island Health).
The outbreak at Aberdeen Hospital (Island Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 53 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 10 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Thursday, January 13th:
- 9,897,611 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 88.9% (4,433,294) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.3% (4,150,713) have received their second dose.
- 92.3% (4,277,097) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.5% (4,150,305) received their second dose and 29.2% (1,352,152) have received a third dose.
- 92.6% (4,006,935) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.0% (3,893,147) received their second dose and 31.2% (1,351,017) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.