The BC Ministry of Health reported 2,859 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, January 12th.
There have been 288,939 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 697
- Fraser Health: 982
- Island Health: 451
- Interior Health: 534
- Northern Health: 195
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 36,641 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
246,693 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 500 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 102 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
6 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,455.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
There have been 5 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health) and Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health).
The outbreak at Ridgeview Lodge (Interior Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 49 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 9 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Wednesday, January 12th:
- 9,834,018 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 88.9% (4,429,847) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.2% (4,148,538) have received their second dose.
- 92.2% (4,275,308) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.5% (4,148,174) received their second dose and 27.9% (1,293,926) have received a third dose.
- 92.6% (4,005,282) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90% (3,891,188) received their second dose and 29.9% (1,292,823) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.