The BC Ministry of Health reported 3,223 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, January 6th.
There have been 273,731 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 662
- Fraser Health: 1,538
- Island Health: 417
- Interior Health: 408
- Northern Health: 194
- Resident outside Canada: 4
There are currently 31,817 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
238,524 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 324 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 90 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
3 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,430.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
There have been 16 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Eagle Ridge Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital, George Derby Centre, White Rock Seniors Village, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre (Fraser Health), St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health), Aberdeen Hospital, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Selkirk Seniors Village and Clover Point Care (Island Health)
There are a total of 37 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 8 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Thursday, January 6th:
- 9,552,369 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 88.4% (4,406,651) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.1% (4,140,207) have received a second dose.
- 92.1% (4,267,843) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.3% (4,139,941) have received their second dose and 22.5% (1,042,480) have received a third dose.
- 92.4% (3,998,399) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.8% (3,883,599) have received their second dose and 24.1% (1,041,515) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.