The BC Ministry of Health reported 4,075 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, January 31st.
There have been 324,615 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 1,725
- Saturday-Sunday: 1,293
- Sunday-Monday: 1,057
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 645
- Fraser Health: 1,225
- Island Health: 575
- Interior Health: 1,182
- Northern Health: 447
- Resident outside Canada: 1
There are currently 27,454 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
293,124 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 1,048 people in hospital with COVID-19, 138 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
19 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 2,616.
There have been 8 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Kelowna General Hospital, Dr. Andrew Pavilion, Poplar Ridge, Monashee Mews, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Summerland Senior’s Village (Interior Health).
The outbreaks at Surrey Memorial Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood (Fraser Health), Sun Pointe Village, Hamlets in Vernon (Interior Health), Mount St. Mary, Oyster Harbour and Parkwood Court (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 58 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 25 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
As of Monday, January 31st:
- 10,748,814 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 89.9% (4,480,231) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84% (4,184,629) have received their second dose.
- 92.7% (4,297,961) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.1% (4,174,214) received their second dose and 45.9% (2,125,735) have received a third dose.
- 93.1% (4,025,838) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.5% (3,914,947) received their second dose and 49.1% (2,123,835) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.